Start your Bookkeeping Career now!
Certificate IV in Bookkeeping Overview
The FNS40215 – Certificate IV in Bookkeeping course will teach you how to establish and maintain a manual computerised accounting system, complete Business Activity Statements (BAS) and other financial statements, develop bookkeeping management systems for organisations and perform general administration tasks.
This FNS40215 – Certificate IV in Bookkeeping course is ideal for practicing and/or aspiring bookkeepers and BAS (Business Activity Statement) agents or for those wishing to remain industry current. Learn how to perform to industry best practices with this much through this sought-after nationally recognised and accredited training course, that has been specifically designed to accommodate online and/or distance education learners. It is also ideal for the small business owners or operators.
This Bookkeeping course delivers both theoretical and practical training and is awarded to those who can demonstrate competency in all 13 scheduled units of competency.
For those wishing to seeking to become BAS Agents, this FNS40215 – Certificate IV in Bookkeeping qualification also addresses the requirements for registration with the Tax Practitioner’s Board (TPB). Persons seeking registration should review the TPB’s Fact Sheet – Registration as an Individual BAS Agent or check current registration requirements with the Board at www.tpb.gov.au as this is regularly reviewed.
Our Certificate IV in Bookkeeping course provides a pathway into financial services careers such as:
- An Accounts Administrator
- Accounts Payable Clerk / Manager
- Accounts Receivable Clerk / Manager
- Inventory Clerk
- Payroll Officer / Manager
- Enterprise Bookkeeper
- Contract Bookkeeper
- BAS Agent
- Ability to pass a Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LL&N) test
- Computer Literate
- A determination to each your career goals
- Laptop/Personal Computer and Printer
- Internet access
- Mobile Phone
- Your own email account
- Relevant Industry experience and knowledge preferred, but not essential
- MYOB AccountRight V19.6 Student Edition (Educare can Supply)
COURSE DELIVERY METHOD
- At Educare we understand that adult learners have busy lives and often need to balance study with their existing commitments. Our correspondence and online study options means that students can study where they want, when they want.
Online self-paced learning: 12 months
Correspondence: 12 months
A Government subsidy is available to Queensland residents via the Queensland Government’s Certificate 3 Guarantee Program. For more information about this program visit our Funding Page.
The fees associated with these delivery styles depend on the student’s previous qualifications, and/or eligibility for government funding.
SUBSIDISED FUNDING PRICE (Eligibility applies): $395
RETAIL PRICE (fee for service): $1,895
PAYMENT PLANS: (Request): From $31 per week
RECOGNITION OF PRIOR LEARNING (RPL)
Do you have a lifetime of experience but no formal qualification?
Are you concerned about having to spend valuable time on a course just to gain skills and knowledge you already possess?
At Educare we can guide you through the RPL process, working with you to collect the evidence that supports your application. We issue to applicants RPL documentation requesting specific information relating to acquired skills and knowledge achieved within the past five years, either through Educare or obtained through another training facility or organisation. This will be followed with an interview process and practical skills assessment if required. Contact Student Services for more information on applying for RPL or Credit Transfer (CT).
Volume of Learning: 1 year
Nominal Hours: 615
- BSBFIA401 – Prepare financial reports
- BSBITU306 – Design and produce business documents
- FNSBKG401 – Develop and implement policies and procedure relevant to bookkeeping
- FNSBKG404 – Carry out business activity and instalment activity statement tasks
- FNSBKG405 – Establish and maintain a payroll system
- FNSINC401 – Apply principles of professional practice to work in the financial services
- FNSBKG402 – Establish and maintain a cash accounting system
- FNSBKG403 – Establish and maintain an accrual accounting system
- BSBCUS403 – Implement customer service to customers
- BSBITU402 – Develop and use complex spreadsheets
- BSBSMB405 – Monitor and manage small business operation
- BSBWOR501 – Manage personal work priorities and professional development
- FNSACC406 – Set up and operate a computerized accounting system