Learn knowledge and Skills to save a Child's Life!
HLTAID004 – Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting
This unit of competency has been approved by ACECQA and meets the requirements of “First Aid, Asthma & Anaphylaxis”.
HLTAID004 – Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting course provides the skills and knowledge required to conduct first aid responses to infants, children and adults.
The course applies to educators and support staff working within an education and care setting, who are required to respond to a first aid emergency, including asthmatic and anaphylactic emergencies. This unit of competency will contribute towards approved first aid, asthma and anaphylaxis training under the Education and Care Services National Law, and the Education and Care Services National Regulation (2011).
Our HLTAID004 – Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting course will provide you with the skills and knowledge required to provide first aid response to both children and adults. Participants will learn knowledge and practical skill in:
- basic health and safety knowledge
- cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- basic life support provision to adults and children
- management of casualties, the incident and other first aiders until the arrival of medical assistance
- Regulations and definitions of asthma & anaphylaxis
- DRSABCD, including the trained use of a defibrillator
- unconscious; choking; injured; burned or poisoned
- having an allergic and anaphylactic reaction
- having a stroke or heart attack
- bitten by a spider or snake
- having an asthma
- and much more…
The HLTAID004 – Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting course will benefit everyone, however more importantly:
- School Teachers, employees or volunteers
- Childcare Centre employees or volunteers
- Family Day Care Centres
- Community Organisation employees or volunteers
- Sports/Recreation Club employees or volunteers
- People seeking basic first aid knowledge including:
COURSE DELIVERY METHOD
The HLTAID004 – Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting course is delivered through a blended learner training approach; meaning learners can either study face-to-face in the classroom or complete an sessions online; which will still required a practical session in a classroom. Learners will be engaged by a Trainer/Assessor who has industry experience in both the first aid and childcare industries; ensuring your learning experience is second to none.
Assessment is conducted throughout the course and involves a mix of multiple choice questionnaire, role-play and physical demonstration. It is expected all participants will demonstrate their understanding of basic first aid working individually and as part of a first aid team. As practical demonstration is required participants should dress in comfortable clothing and be physically able to perform resuscitation tasks. On successful completion of this Nationally Recognised Training, you will receive a Statement of Attainment for HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting (valid for three years). Annual renewal of CPR is recommended by the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC).
For Organisations and Onsite:
Educare can tailor both the child care first aid and CPR courses for delivery to your organisational requirements. Delivery options may include:
- delivery at your premises or at Educare venue
- split delivery of first aid (2 x 4 hour sessions over 2 days) if required for operational needs
- Delivery can be arranged over a weekend and/or after hours
- Subject to trainer availability, dates can be arranged to meet your requirements
Contact us for a tailor-made solution for your organisation
COURSE DURATION and PRICE
Our standard one-day HLTAID004 – Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting course runs from 8.00 am to 5.00 pm, and does not include online pre-course work.
Note: You do NOT need to enroll into the CPR course when enrolling into HLTAID004 – Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting. CPR is included in this course.
Individuals: $128 per participant, includes Lunch and Light Refreshments
Groups: Price on application.
The HLTAID004 workshop is run regularly onsite at Educare Stones Corner location:
Ground Floor, 433 Logan Road, Stones Corner QLD 4120
Gold Coast, Toowoomba, Laidley Valley, Ipswich, Zillmere.
Alternatively, we can come to you onsite.