Start your new career as a Registered BAS Agent!
BAS Agent Registration Skill Set Course Overview
The BAS Agent Registration Skill Set course has relevance to a variety of financial services sectors. It is applicable to individuals who are operating as a contractor or service provider or for the small business owner or individual working within an enterprise whose job role is subject to licensing, legislative, regulatory or certification requirements, including various aspects of taxation law (including, but not limited to, the Income Tax Assessment Act 1936 and the Income Tax Assessment Act 1997), other relevant legislation and Goods and Services Tax (GST) rulings.
The nationally recognised BAS Agent Registration Skill Set course addresses educational requirements for persons seeking BAS Agent registration with the Tax Practitioner’s Board (TPB). Persons seeking registration should review the TPB’s Fact Sheet – Registration as an Individual BAS Agent or check current registration requirements with the Board at www.tpb.gov.au as this is regularly reviewed.
Candidates who undertake BAS Agent Registration Skill Set course may continue on with further vocational study pathways in Financial Services.
BAS Agents are able to:
- Prepare and/or lodge an approved form for a taxpayer’s liabilities, obligations or entitlements under BAS provision.
- Give a taxpayer advice about BAS provision that the taxpayer can reasonably be expected to rely upon to satisfy their taxation obligations.
- Deal with the Commissioner on behalf of a taxpayer in relation to a BAS provision.
Our Certificate IV in Bookkeeping course provides a pathway into financial services careers such as:
- Enterprise Bookkeeper
- Contract Bookkeeper
- BAS Agent
- Laptop / Personal Computer
- Internet access and an email account
- MYOB AccountRight V19.6 Student Edition (supplied by Educare)
- At least 18 years of age
- Ability to pass a Language, Literacy & Numeracy (LL&N) Test
- Computer literacy
- Relevant industry experience and knowledge – assessed upon application
COURSE DELIVERY METHOD
At Educare we understand that adult learners have busy lives and often need to balance study with their existing commitments. Our correspondence and online study options means that students can study where they want, when they want.
Nominal Hours: 70
SUBSIDISED FUNDING PRICE (Eligibility criteria applies): Not Applicable
RETAIL PRICE (fee for service): $450.00
PAYMENT PLANS: (Avail. on request): From $55 per week
RECOGNITION OF PRIOR LEARNING (RPL)
Do you have a lifetime of experience but no formal qualification?
Are you concerned about having to spend valuable time on a course just to gain skills and knowledge you already possess?
At Educare we can guide you through the RPL process, working with you to collect the evidence that supports your application. We issue to applicants RPL documentation requesting specific information relating to acquired skills and knowledge achieved within the past five years, either through Educare or obtained through another training facility or organisation. This will be followed with an interview process and practical skills assessment if required. Contact Student Services for more information on applying for RPL or Credit Transfer (CT).
- FNSBKG404 – Carry out business activity and installment activity statements
- FNSBKG405 – Establish and maintain a payroll system